The Topic Formal Group is Relevant for UGC NET Commerce & Management as Follows:
- UGC NET Commerce (Unit – VI Business Management & Human Resource Management)
- UGC NET Management (Unit- II Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management)
A formal group is a collection of persons, who came together for achieving a specified goal. They are always created with intent to fulfill some official requirement. Formation of the group is done by the management. It possesses a systematic structure, in hierarchical form.
Purpose of forming of Formal Group
1. Capitalize the Expertise of Each Individual
2. Make use of Synergy
3. Facilitate a proper Decision making
4. Helps others in the group to learn new skills.
Types of the Formal Group
- Command Groups
- Task Forces
- It is a group consisting of individuals who report directly to the manager.
- Formed by individuals working together to achieve a specific objective.
- Here the Leaders play an important role.
Example − A group of workers working on a project and reporting to the same manager is considered as a command group.
The group of people who are appointed by an organization, to resolve the matters, referred to them are known as Committee.
For example– Advisory Committee, Standing Committee, etc.
Consists of people who work together to achieve a common goal.
For Example-Designing the syllabus under semester system.
Practice Question for Formal Group
A bunch of employees are assigned a project on solar cells, they have to submit it to the project manager on a specified date collectively under one project. What type of Formal group it is?
A. Commands Group
D.None of the above
Worried about Upcoming UGC Examination. You can now Check out our Free and Paid Online Courses for UGC NET Commerce & Management here: