The Topic Anti- Dumping Duty is Relevant For UGC NET Commerce & Management as Follows:
- UGC NET Commerce (Unit – I Business Environment & International Business)
- UGC NET Management (Unit -IX International Business & Informational Technology)
Anti-dumping Duty is an import duty imposed by government on imported products which have prices less than their normal values or domestic price. When the export price of a product imported into India is less than the Normal Value of ‘like articles’ sold in the domestic market of the exporter, it is known as dumping.
Features of Anti-dumping Duty
- It is protectionist and counter import measure used by country under multilateral World Trade Organisation (WTO) regime to protect its domestic producers and market from below-cost/cheap imports.
- The duty is aimed at ensuring fair trading practises and creating level-playing field for domestic producers with regard to foreign producers and exporters.
- It varies from product to product and from country to country.
Anti-dumping Duty in India
Anti dumping measures in India are administered by the Directorate General of Anti dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) functioning in the Dept. of Commerce in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the same is headed by the “Designated Authority”.
Designated Authority’s function, however, is only to conduct the anti dumping investigation and make recommendation to the Government for imposition of anti dumping or anti subsidy measures. Such duty is finally imposed/levied by a Notification of the Ministry of Finance.
Which of the following is/are correct about Anti-dumping Duty?
A. It is an import duty imposed by government on imported products which have prices less than their normal values or domestic price.
B. They are strictly prohibited by World Trade Organization.
C. In India, they are investigated and imposed by Dept. of Commerce.
D. All of the above
Worried about the upcoming UGC Examination. You can now check out our Free and Paid online Courses for UGC NET Commerce & Management here: