The Topic World Investment Report is Relevant for UGC NET Commerce & Management as Follows:
- UGC NET Commerce (Unit – I Business Environment & International Business)
- UGC NET Management (Unit – IX International Business & Information Technology)
World Investment Report has been published by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) annually since 1991. The report focuses on trends in foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide, at the regional and country levels. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) was established in 1964.
World Investment Report 2018
- It aims to provide a better understanding of the interaction between new industrial policies and investment policies.
- It provides an overview of industrial policy models – based on an inventory of industrial policies adopted by more than 100 countries over the last decade – and the role of investment policies within each model.
- The Report illustrates how investment policy instruments are used differently across various models and suggests ways to improve the impact of industrial policy through more effective and efficient investment policies.
- Finally, the Report offers recommendations to update existing investment policy instruments, including investment incentives, special economic zones and investment facilitation.
Key Highlights of World Investment Report
- Global flows of foreign direct investment fell by 23 per cent in 2017. Cross-border investment in developed and transition economies dropped sharply, while growth was near zero in developing economies
- With only a very modest recovery predicted for 2018, this negative trend is a long-term concern for policymakers worldwide, especially for developing countries, where international investment is indispensable for sustainable industrial development.
- This troubling global investment picture underscores the importance of a conducive global investment environment, characterized by open, transparent and non-discriminatory investment policies.
- The theme chapter of the report shows that over 100 countries have adopted industrial development strategies in recent years.
- New types of industrial policies have emerged, responding to the opportunities and challenges associated with a new industrial revolution.
Consider the following statements and identify the correct code:
Statement I: World Investment Report is published by World Bank.
Statement II: World Investment Report 2018 provides an overview of industrial policy models based on an inventory of industrial policies adopted by more than 100 countries over the last decade
A. Statement I only is true
B. Statement II only is true
C. Both the statements are true
D. None of the statements is true
Worried about Upcoming UGC NET Examination ? You can Check out our Free & Paid online Courses for UGC NET Commerce & Management here –